My Yacht...

When kids visit Portofino, they love to sit by the windows overlooking HMS Trincomalee.
I jokingly tell them that she's my yacht. You should see the look in their eyes!
I don't blame them. The Trinc is absolutely gorgeous!
If you haven't yet visited her, do it as soon as you can and tell everybody about it!

The other day, I attended a Trincomalee Trust meeting and took my camera with me. The first view is that of Portofino from the quay.
Please click on the photos to enlarge them.












5 comments:

Pat said...

It's all looking very spick and span.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

I grew up near the Cutty Sark, which I visited many times. Sadly she went up in flames last year and will take a long time to be restored.

valerie walsh said...

Mafnificent!

Merisi said...

I brake for tall ships! Beautiful specimen, so lucky to have a view of it while dining on gourmet fare!

I was able to see the replica of Captain Cook's ship, the HMB Endeavour, in two different ports during their world tour. Every time I was amazed how small it actually felt once you were under deck.

Krimo said...

The tall ships are coming to Hartlepool in 2010 and the Captain Cook Museum is just down the road from here, Merisi.
The Endeavour is at Whitby.