Fishing practice...

For two weeks now, since I was picked for the Fish recipe final in Birmingham on 3rd April, I have been practising my fish tagine and the Cod loin compulsory dish.

We've had three lots of tagines and three different versions of Cod loin since I got the news. Good job Karen and I love fish!
I have just about perfected the first dish but I am still playing about with the second. The loin is very firm and doesn't lend itself to baking so I have cut it into medallions, grilled and served them on a tasty tomato and basil sauce with green beans.
My fishmonger must be wondering why we're eating so much fish all of a sudden.
Seven days to go!!

I will post the recipes if the judges like them.



9 comments:

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Hoho, a new celebrity chef in the making? I'll keep my (fish) fingers crossed for you, Cap'n Birdseye!

Caroline said...

Good luck!

Pat said...

Best of British and then maybe you will tell me what a tagine is?

Krimo said...

Thanks, Daphnée. Hilarious as usual! Fame at last!

Thanks, Caro.

Pi, a tagine is just a kind of stew. Slow cooked in a terracotta dish (in days past...) and it can be made with anything you like, meat, poultry, fish or just vegetables. It's a North African thing, you see.

Akelamalu said...

One of our favourite dishes is Fish Bilboa using Cod Loin. My MIL got the recipe from a Spanish lady who lived next door to them in Fuengirolo.

It consists of onion, tomatoes, cod loin, white wine and seasoning - service with rice it's delish!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

You know why I don't like reading this blog? I'll tell you why I don't like reading this blog, Krimo. It makes me hungry. It makes me want to run into the kitchen to experiment and create glorious dishes, toodle-oo, I'm off to the kitchen now...

Krimo said...

Actually, Akela I have been experimenting with a rich tomato sauce. And that might be what I'll be serving. Your dish sounds delicious!

Gigi, I'm really sorry... You'll just have to let your tastebuds dictate.

Mary said...

Can't wait for the results!

valerie walsh said...

i am so excited for you! i do hope to dine with you someday...