Krimo's Connections in High Atlas...

When my cousin, Jallel sent me an email saying that Jamie Oliver was about to visit the Ryad he manages in Marrakesh, I said: "Yeah, right! Pull the other one."

A jovial Algerian with a great Scottish accent, having lived and run restaurants in Edinburgh for a large part of his life, Jallel is a hyper-joker!
He moved to Marrakesh, -an amazing city to visit if you ever manage to get yourselves to Morocco- nearly two years ago to manage a luxury boutique hotel called Maison MK, which had just been voted one of the world's 100 best hotels.

Then out of the blue, I get the photo below. So, it was true after all.

Jamie Oliver was filming a program on Moroccan food in Marrakesh.
When I asked my cousin whether he would appear in it, he coolly replied: "Of course, Couz! I don't just work in Marrakesh!"

The photo was taken in the hotel's rooftop terrace. You may see the Atlas mountains in the background.








8 comments:

Pat said...

I hope Jamie wasn't a let-down. What a super place.

Krimo said...

It is a really idyllic place!
I'm sure Jamie did himself proud.

Merisi said...

After Italian cuisine, Jamie was due to jump over the Med and explore some more! ;-)

Zéphyr said...

Jallal est unique en son genre. Toujours cool ! Un caractère méditerranéen mélangé au flegme britannique.

Krimo said...

Yes, Merisi.
I'm sure the programme will turn out good.

Krimo said...

Zéphyr, tu le connais très bien et il ne change pas.

Ché l'écossais said...

Wow, that's my six-degrees-of-separation with Jamie Oliver sorted.

I'm impressed.

Krimo said...

Great my cousin helped.