Krimo's Holiday Reports...

Our Portofino second-chef, Chris Wilkinson was looking forward to his well-earned Dominican Republic holiday... until that is, I began thinking of putting the frighteners on him.
Last week, I reported that an earthquake had hit the place. He laughed nervously at first, unsure whether I was kidding. It did not take him long to realise that I had invented the fictitious report.
The following day, it was a hurricane that swept over the island.
Running out of ideas, I googled the online Dominican newspapers and came across a report on the Solenodon, the world's rarest mammals.
A few minutes of Copy and Paste, and I came up with my own version of the report.

Chris read the report with a smile on his face.
Tomorrow he flies off for a couple of weeks of sunshine.
I wonder what his reaction will be if he comes across one of those solenodons.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
















The real story

Do not forget to tell us what you will do on Valentine's Day. (Poll in the top right hand corner)

16 comments:

valerie walsh said...

Hilarious! He would be lucky to see this one unique creature :) But he is lucky enough since he gets to go on holiday with sun and fun! Happiest of New Years to you my friend!!! I hope that 2009 is filled with all the things you love

Pat said...

You are wicked!

Krimo said...

The Happiest of New Years to you and yours, Val.
Yes, the lucky guy, I am jealous of him.

Krimo said...

You won't believe what Chris and the other chefs accused me of, Pat!
Wasting time!
Moi?

Mary said...

You truly are evil!! I do hope Chris enjoys his holiday despite your attempts to otherwise. I'd be jealous too. I AM jealous!

Krimo said...

Mary, jealousy can be evil! ;o)

Luminata said...

That's cruel! :D

Unknown said...

Krimo you are a bad man!, love that kind of humour :-)

Krimo said...

Thanks for visiting Luminata.
I'm into chef cruelty.

Krimo said...

CR, that's how I keep my staff.
I'm always horrible to them.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Guud won!

Surely he knows that there aren't any animals or trees left in Haiti...
just people.

If Mother Nature had her way she would create 600 pound, flesh eating, venomous, Solenodons to exact her revenge and gorge on the Haitians for literally stripping their part of the island down to the nub....
even the Zombies!

Krimo said...

The ordinary Haitians have had it very hard, Donn.
I think they've already had their giant Solenodons: Papa Doc, his Baby, les Tontons Macoutes and the rest of the clique.
If Mother Nature had Her way, She would rid us of all those blood-sucking kleptocracies. ;o)

Luminata said...

Thanks for the visit Krimo. :)

Anonymous said...

Je vous souhaite une belle et heureuse année remplie de la réalisation de tous vos désirs , Maestro

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

I was planning to go to Scotland in August, but I've heard it's overrun with midgets.

Leni Qinan said...

Man, you're evil!LOL
I hope he's getting a nice suntan, having a piña colada at the beach with a few solenodons, lol (I hope they're friendly, haha)