Krimo's Royal Yacht...

The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, HRH QE2's hubby, Patron of HMS Trincomalee Trust, will visiting my yacht in March!
Well, The Trinc, as she is affectionately known is not MY yacht really, but most of the young kids who visit Portofino believe me when I tell them she is.
Very often, their pizzas get cold as they sit, spellbound by the presence of such a beautiful ship just outside Portofino's windows.

Prince Philip paid a visit to the ship in 2001, long before she was totally restored to its present glory. I think he will be pleasantly surprise with the improvements.

Eight years ago, I managed to snap him from upstairs. This time, I may be shaking his royal hand...


Hartlepool's own tall ship!!

Do not forget to tell us what you will do on Valentine's Day. (Poll in the top right hand corner)

11 comments:

valerie walsh said...

How exciting!!! I would love to see it :)

Krimo said...

Val, she's a beauty!

Zed said...

Well, one does mix in upper class society these days, doesn't one?

Leni Qinan said...

WOW, you have a very beautiful yatch, Krimo! ;))

Krimo said...

I'm part of the Trinc's fundraising team, Z, so I'll be happy to mix with Royalty, if it brings in the pennies to keep her afloat.

Krimo said...

Lena, she'd look even better in sunny St. Tropez.

Pat said...

Having almost grown up with him - so to speak - and they are both older than I am - I have a soft spot for the old boy. If he knows what's good for him he'll pop in for a bite. Do give him my best:)

Merisi said...

You have gotten to the very top, Sir!
Or is there a chance ..... ;-)

Krimo said...

Pat, I'll make sure I'll take a photo of Him. Cucumber sandwiches, maybe.;o)

The crow's nest, maybe, Merisi...

Anonymous said...

"OH! combien de marins, combien de capitaines"

On s’entretient de vous parfois dans les veillées.
Maint joyeux cercle, assis sur des ancres rouillées,
Mêle encor quelque temps vos noms d’ombre couverts
Aux rires, aux refrains, aux récits d’aventures,
Aux baisers qu’on dérobe à vos belles futures,
Tandis que vous dormez dans les goëmons verts!



Me which frequently observed some I say: In here is a beautiful boat!

Krimo said...

Ô flots, que vous avez de lugubres histoires!
Flots profonds, redoutés des mères à genoux!
Vous vous les racontez en montant les marées...
Definitely a beautiful poem!