Twenty minute circuit




Hartlepool Marina looks tiny from the air but I can assure you that it takes 20 minutes at a brisk pace to walk all the way round it.
On Mother's Day 2006, I ate a starter at Casa, I think it was a dish of tiger prawns in chilli, (Gambas Pil Pil)
After that, I walked to Portofino, where I had a full beef dinner with all the trimmings, (Noel had raved so much about his gravy and Yorkshire puddings, I had to give them a try.)
I then slowly made my way to Krimo's for the dessert. I think it was a light orange Crème Brûlée.
Guess what I did next...
A long siesta!
On the odd sunny day, I leave the car at Portofino and walk to the other restaurants. The sun seems to put a spring in my step. Or could it be the promise of a handful of jelly beans at Casa?

5 comments:

Pat said...

It's always been sunny when I have visited Hartlepool.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Twenty minutes, that's about one mile, I think.

Hartlepool sounds like the name of an old village in an old, old English novel, or one of those BBC movies about olden days.

I'm disappointed you didn't win. I wanted to brag.

I had problems getting on to your site, my ISP's behaving foolish again.

Akelamalu said...

You won't put on any weight walking inbetween courses! :)

Mary said...

Oh I love this shot. Now I don't have to imagine.

valerie walsh said...

haha, cool aerial view and fun to see! I saw a chef say that he eats breakfast and talks about what he will have for lunch, eats lunch dreams and talks of dinner, eats dinner plans for dessert, eating dessert and figures out breakfast for the morn! A very good life! I love how you fit in the walking though, now that is really living!